Friday, November 30, 2007

New Addition to Tabulator

For those of you don't know Tabulator is a RDF data browser originally hacked up by TimBL, and developed over the years by summer interns at DIG.

For the past few weeks, I've been trying to understand and write code for the Tabulator. My task was to provide a justification trace for the annotated transaction log given out by the AIR reasoner. Here's a screen shot of how it looks like now:
If you want to try this out, install the Firefox Extenstion with this latest change, restart Firefox, and navigate to this file.

Overall, my experience with the Tabulator code amazes me as to what javascript is capable of. But however, I've had my share of nightmares debugging the code! Sometimes it was pretty painful, but nevertheless I learnt so many lessons :)

By the way, the Tabulator project is open source, so if you'd like to contribute you are more than welcome to do so.

No comments: